Last updated November 9, 2021
You have legitimate concerns about privacy and therefore we expressly describe all processing of personal data done by us. We want you to understand what limited information we collect and what may happen to that information when you use any of the VPNCity Services.
Processing Of Your Data
- 1.1 VPNCity processes user data only to a very limited scope – only as much as it is absolutely required for provision of the VPNCity Services, processing of payments for the VPNCity Services, as well as functioning of the VPNCity website and mobile applications.
- 1.2. Personal data is processed by VPNCity automatically and manually. Unless expressly noted otherwise, VPNCity or a designated subsidiary in your country shall act as the responsible personal data controller for any data processed. VPNCity uses third party data processors only for processing of payment data, emailing service and basic website and app analytics.
- 1.3. VPNCity provides a no-logs policy for VPNCity services, meaning that your activities using VPNCity Services are provided by an automated technical process, and are not monitored, recorded, logged, stored or passed to any third party.
- We do not store
- Connection Time Stamps (At what time you connect or disconnect)
- Session Information (What you did while you were connected)
- Used Bandwidth (How much data you transferred)
- Traffic Logs (What URLs or services you accessed)
- IP Addresses (What IP addresses you accessed)
- or other data.
- 1.4. From the moment a VPNCity.com user turns on the VPNCity.com software, their Internet data becomes encrypted through a protocol or connection method of their choice. Any online traffic coming from the user's device is not readable to their ISP, third-party snoopers or cyber criminals. Further, VPNCity has a strict no logs policy when it comes to seeing user activity online.
- 1.5. Anyone may browse our website, install VPNCity applications and mobile applications without signing up for the VPNCity Services, however the functionality of the VPNCity Services will be very limited or absent. If you want to engage in the full functionality of the VPNCity Services, you need to create a user account and provide basic personal data indicated below.If you choose to create a user account, you must provide the following basic information:
- Email address:
We ask for your email address as part of your registration. That ensures that we can communicate with you when we have any exciting announcements to make, service updates to advise or errors to report. Valid email address is also needed to retrieve a lost password and to make a VPN connection.
- Payment Data:
In addition to the conventional payment methods, such as PayPal or credit card, users can buy VPNCity service with cryptocurrency. Our payment processing partners process basic billing information for payment processing and refund requests.
- Email address:
- 1.6. You must maintain this information current, truthful, complete and accurate. You warrant that you are authorised to provide such information. You authorise us to verify your information at any time. If it is found to be untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we retain the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your user account and your access to the VPNCity Services.
- 1.7. In order to maintain the VPN service, VPNCity also processes limited technical information, which sometimes may be considered personal data. This information is used for improving the functionality and usability of our website and VPNCity Services. If you decide not to provide this limited information, we may not be able to provide you with the full scope of the VPNCity Services. Said information may also include:
- Server load information: We monitor the server performance in order to recommend the most suitable servers to our customers.
- Customer service information: VPNCity.com stores inquiries and communications with users through the Contact Us and Community Area pages.
- Cookies: VPNCity uses various types of cookies in order to provide a better experience for our current and future customers. Cookies we use include:
- Google analytics & Google Adwords are utilized by VPNCity to keep track of statistics related to what countries our website is receiving traffic from, how long individuals are staying on our website, which pages are being visited, where our traffic sources are, and more. In addition, we utilize Google Adwords to acquire new customers and advertise effectively.
- Affiliate Marketing Cookies are utilized by VPNCity to identify where customers are referred from and to grant commissions to our affiliates based on their performance & sales.
- Personalization cookies are used by VPNCity to personalize VPNCity content and pages in a way which will be effective for users to see the benefits of our product based on their specific needs.
- 1.8. Users are able to block cookies through their browser settings at any time. Please visit your browser’s help menu for more details on how to do this. Users may also choose to specifically opt out of Google’s cookie collecting by visiting the Google Advertising Opt-out Page, and the Google Analytics Opt-out page. In addition users are welcome to opt-out of third-party vendor cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-out Page.
- 1.9. You can set up warnings for every time the Site places a cookie in your browser, or you can choose to disable all cookies. You can do both through your browser settings. Since each browser has a different procedure for managing cookies, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to do it.
- 1.10. Alternatively, you can disable all cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add-on. Please note that choosing to disable cookies may negatively affect some of the features that make your Site experience more efficient.
Third Party Website Linking
Personal data of underage persons
Persons younger than 18 shall not use the VPNCity Services and provide any personal data to us without the supervision of the parents or guardians. Based on the above, it is presumed that any person using the VPNCity Services and supplying personal data to us is at least 18 years of age. If a person younger than 18 years old or a person, supplying wrongful data, becomes known to VPNCity, such person and all their data may be immediately and without any notice withdrawn by suspending or terminating their access to VPNCity Services.
Grounds for data processing
- 4.1. Your personal data is processed for the purpose of providing you the best VPNCity services under the legal basis of performance of the contract between you and VPNCity, as provided in our Terms of Service.
- 4.2. VPNCity may process your personal data (email address) for direct marketing purposes in the following cases: when we obtain your consent to such processing (the legal basis for processing, in this case, is your consent) or when applicable law permits us to contact you without a separate consent (under the legal basis of a legitimate interest).
Your personal data protection rights
- 5.1. You may request us to inform you about the personal data that we have collected about you, to request any changes or correction of inaccurate information, to object to certain processing of personal data (e.g. for marketing purposes), to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to transmit (if technically feasible) your personal data to another controller, or to erase your personal data. You also may request to restrict the processing of your personal data (when there is a legal basis for that). In cases where your personal data is processed on a separate consent basis, you have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- 5.2. If you disagree with your data processing by VPNCity, you are free not to use the VPNCity Service, and to discontinue using it at any time. You may request us to discontinue processing of your personal data, in which case your data will be processed only as much as it is necessary to effect the discontinuation of your use of the VPNCity Services (e.g., final settlement, or deleting all personal data based on your email address), or finalizing other VPNCity’s legal relationship with you (e.g. accounting, invoicing, processing refunds).Due to technical reasons (such as backup copies of the databases) your personal data may be finally deleted only within 60 days or longer, if it is mandated by the statutory requirements.
Term for storing personal data
VPNCity stores limited personal data for the whole period when the VPNCity Services are used and for no longer than 1 year after the last use of the App and/or the Services. We opt for 1 year to allow for a customer to resubscribe during the next 12 months to benefit from any promotion or special offers.
Deleting Personal Information
- 7.1. In the case that you are no longer a customer of VPNCity and you are looking to have your information deleted from our servers, please get in touch with email@example.com. Your request will be escalated to our Data Processor who will facilitate removing your email address and account from our platform.
- 7.2. We cannot delete any payment information as we do not hold this information and a request will need to be made to the appropriate payment processor.
- 8.1. VPNCity collects minimal data pertaining to our users because we want to protect their privacy at all times. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives members of the European Union certain rights with respect to their personal data. Individuals that are living in the European Union have the right to access, delete, correct, transfer or object to the processing of their personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8.2. Any communication between VPNCity and it’s current or past customers is strictly with provided consent. That being said, users have the right to withdraw consent for VPNCity to store their personal information at any time.
- Providing updates regarding VPNCity and related service information.
- Providing applications and services our users have signed up to receive.
- Keeping users informed about account functions, subscriptions, processed payments, and newly developed additions to their subscribed plan.
- Providing valuable customer support
- Communicating with customers to understand feedback and provide a more effective solution for customer needs.
- 9.1. Your data is processed under the jurisdiction of the British Virgin Islands. If the data is processed by a designated subsidiary in your country, then the domestic law of your country may be applicable at our discretion.
- 9.2. VPNCity would like to remind you that you are yourself responsible for the security of your data. We ask you to be careful when using and storing personal data containing files on your devices, as well as the devices itself. Please ensure that nobody accesses and uses your devices without your consent.
- 9.3. You shall be extra careful and not disclose your personal information to unrelated third parties, since such information may be used in different ways and against your interests, including activities such as fraud, invasion of privacy, identity theft, etc.
- 9.4. In order to ensure security of the personal data, VPNCity employs various administrative, technical and physical security measures, however it is your responsibility to exercise caution and reason when using the VPNCity Services. You will be personally responsible if such action violates any third party’s privacy or any other rights, or any applicable law. Under no circumstances, VPNCity is liable for the consequences of your unlawful activities, your willful and negligent activities violating applicable laws or third party rights, as well as any circumstances, which may not have been reasonably controlled or foreseen.