Last updated November 9, 2021
VPNCity is a transitory digital network communications service, based in the British Virgin Islands (BVI), which enhances internet security and privacy. At your individual request and at your sole discretion we automatically provide unsupervised and non-monitored data conduit – virtual private network (VPN) connection – for your exclusive use, at your own risk and responsibility.
These terms of service (the “Terms”) govern your access to and use of VPNCity services, therefore we kindly ask you to carefully read them when visiting VPNCity website, before you register, download, install and use the VPNCity services, which include the VPNCity software, VPNCity mobile applications and any services that VPNCity (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “VPNCity”) provides through our software, application or otherwise (all of which collectively are referred as the “VPNCity Services”).
Please note that the Terms constitute a binding legal agreement between you and VPNCity. By visiting the website, registering for, installing and/or using the VPNCity Services on any platform or device you agree to be bound by these Terms. It is only under these Terms that VPNCity allows visitors / users (the “users”) to use VPNCity Services. If you do not agree to these Terms or any provisions hereof, please do not install and do not use our software, our mobile application and/or any of our products or services.
If you are using the VPNCity Services on behalf of an organization, you are agreeing to these Terms for that organization and acknowledging that you have the authority to act on behalf of that organization and commit to these Terms on behalf of that organization.
- 1.1 VPNCity Services are transitory digital network communications services, which enhances internet security and privacy. We do not condone any unlawful use of the VPNCity Services. VPNCity Services shall not be used for any criminal, illicit and illegal acts, and you accept and agree not to violate any law of any jurisdiction that you are originating from and any other applicable law. It is your (user’s) responsibility to know and comprehend any and all relevant laws related to any jurisdiction or venue that concerns you, your actions and your use of VPNCity Services.
- 1.2. By using VPNCity Services, you agree to the whole VPNCity Terms of Service including all said general provisions incorporated by reference. VPNCity may modify the Terms from time to time. The Terms are binding from the time that they are updated on our website. It is your responsibility to check and read current Terms periodically. The amendment of Terms may be communicated to you by sending an email and/or by publishing the updated Terms on the VPNCity website.
We may from time to time offer special promotional offers, plans or memberships (“Offers”). Offer eligibility is determined by VPNCity at its sole discretion and we reserve the right to revoke an Offer and put your account on hold in the event that we determine you are not eligible. Members of households with an existing or recent VPNCity membership may not be eligible for certain introductory Offers. We may use information such as device type, method of payment or an account email address used with an existing or recent VPNCity membership to determine Offer eligibility. The eligibility requirements and other limitations and conditions will be disclosed when you sign-up for the Offer or in other communications made available to you.
Billing and Cancellation
- 3.1. Billing Cycles: VPNCity Services are subscribed on a service period basis. You choose the service period and the payment method yourself when you sign up for the VPNCity Services. The VPNCity app for any platform or operating system supported by VPNCity can be downloaded free of charge. Users will have to purchase a paid subscription from VPNCity to connect to the VPNCity Service, except in the case of a limited free trial or certain coupon offers.
Your service will automatically be renewed and your chosen payment method will be charged at the end of each service period, repeating the length of the previous service period, unless you decide to cancel your subscription for the VPNCity Services.
- 3.2. Payment Methods: To use the VPNCity service you must provide one or more Payment Methods. You authorise us to charge any Payment Method associated with your account in case your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer available to us for payment of your subscription fee. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
Only basic payment information is processed through our payment service providers (e.g. Stripe, PayPal, etc.) and payment processing partners authorized to provide services within the respective country.
- 3.3. Updating your Payment Methods: You can update your Payment Methods by going to the "Account" page. We may also update your Payment Methods using information provided by the payment service providers. Following any update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method(s).
- 3.4. Cancellation: You can cancel your VPNCity membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the VPNCity service through the end of your billing period.
Payments outside of the 30 day refund policy are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits for any partial membership periods or unused VPNCity access. To cancel, go to the "My Account" page and click the ‘Change Plan’ button. You will be presented the option to cancel renewal on the next page. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, this is visible on the "My Account" page. If you signed up for VPNCity using your account with a third party as a Payment Method and wish to cancel your VPNCity membership, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the VPNCity service through that third party.
- 3.5. Refunds: If you wish to claim a refund, you can do so within 30 days following your initial purchase of VPNCity Service. We seek your full satisfaction with our services, however we understand that technical issues arise that may result in a refund request. In these instances we would like to troubleshoot an issue you experience first. There are common VPN service configuration issues that may hinder VPNCity service for you and we are able to resolve most of the user issues encountered.
Subscriptions purchased via the iTunes/App Store are subject to iTunes/App Store refund policies. This means we cannot grant refunds if you purchased an app through iTunes/App Store – you will have to contact store support for that. Payments made using prepaid cards or gift cards will not be refunded. VPNCity cannot refund any purchases made from our resellers. In this case, refunds are handled according to the terms of service of the reseller from which the product was purchased. For payments made in cryptocurrency, the equivalent amount in US Dollars will be refunded in the same cryptocurrency (based on the rate of exchange at the moment of refund).
To prevent abuse of the VPNCity refund policy, refunds are limited to one refund per 6 month period and any additional request will be denied. Refund requests are only valid for the initial period and will not be approved for recurrent payment periods. No refunds will be given for accounts terminated for violations of these Terms.
- 3.6. Changes to the Price and Subscription Plans: We may change our subscription plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to your subscription plans will apply no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.
- 4.1. Minors: VPNCity Services may be used by persons aged at least 18 years old. You are disallowed to connect and use the VPNCity Services if you are a minor, a competitor of our business, if you have been or are prohibited to access the VPNCity Services, or if your account has been suspended or closed due to any reason.
- 4.2. Restricted and Prohibited Uses: Your access to and use of the VPNCity Services is subject to these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations. We reserve the right, at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, to terminate the accounts of, and block access to the VPNCity Services to any users who infringe any applicable laws or these Terms.
While using the VPNCity Services you yourself agree not to, and agree not assist, encourage, or enable others to use the VPNCity Services:
- 4.2.1. for unlawful, illicit, illegal, criminal or fraudulent activities, including but not limited to port scanning, sending spam, sending opt-in email, scanning for open relays or open proxies, sending unsolicited e-mail or any version or type of email sent in vast quantities even if the email is routed through third-party servers, any pop-up launching, use of stolen credit cards, credit card fraud, financial fraud, cryptocurrency fraud, cloaking, extortion, blackmail, kidnapping, rape, murder, sale of stolen credit cards, sale of stolen goods, offer or sale of prohibited, military and dual use goods, offer or sale of controlled substances, identity theft, hacking, pharming, phishing, scraping in any form or scale, digital piracy, intellectual property infringements and other similar activities;
- 4.2.2. to assault, interfere, gain unauthorized access, deny service in any way or form to any other network, computer or node through VPNCity Services;
- 4.2.3. to exploit children in any way, including audio, video, photography, digital content, etc.;
- 4.2.4. to upload or distribute in any way files that contain viruses, worms, trojans, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- 4.2.5. to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the VPNCity Services, any transactions being offered in connection with the VPNCity Services or any other activities conducted by us, disrupt our website or any networks connected to the VPNCity Services, or bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the VPNCity Services;
- 4.2.6. to exploit the VPNCity Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including, but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity;
- 4.2.7. to use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access our website or VPNCity Services for any purpose without our prior written permission;
- 4.2.8. to collect or harvest personal information about other users of the VPNCity Services;
- 4.2.9. to collect or harvest personal data of individuals, without legitimate interest or consent, or in violation of any applicable law;
- 4.2.10. to take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- 4.2.11. to share any data or other content with any unreasonably large number of persons, including without limitation sending blast communications to a large number of recipients or sharing content with persons you do not know or who do not know you;
- 4.2.12. to represent that you are the representative or agent of any of the VPNCity Services, including any of its functionality;
- 4.2.13. to incorporate the VPNCity Services or any portion thereof into any other program or product;
- 4.2.14. to copy or reproduce, in any form or by any means, any part of the VPNCity Services;
- 4.2.15. to modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create any derivative works based on the VPNCity Services, including any of its files or documentation, or any portion thereof, or determine or attempt to determine any source code, algorithms, methods or techniques embodied in the VPNCity application or any portion thereof;
- 4.2.16. to violate general ethic or moral norms, good customs and fair conduct norms;
- 4.2.17. to violate any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, personal data, copyright or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- 4.2.18. to abuse, threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- 4.2.19. to attempt to manipulate the VPNCity name, services or products;
- 4.2.20. to solicit or harvest personal information from or communicate with minors;
- 4.2.21. attempt to gain unauthorized access to the VPNCity Services, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the VPNCity Services through hacking, password mining, brute force or any other means;
- 4.2.22. to use the VPNCity Services for any military purpose, including cyberwarfare, weapons development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons;
- 4.2.23. to otherwise infringe or circumvent these Terms.
- 4.3. We reserve the right to refuse service, suspend accounts or limit access to the VPNCity Services in our sole discretion. Such suspension or access limitation may be implemented by VPNCity instantly and without any indication, notice or refund. We may suspend your account for clarification, investigation or request you to explain your actions and provide additional information. If your account has been suspended, you must contact us for further information. We may suspend your user account for a reasonable period of time before we terminate a user account permanently.
No Logs Policy
- 5.1. VPNCity provides a no-logs policy for VPNCity Services, meaning that the VPNCity Service is provided by an automated process, and your activities while using it are not monitored, recorded, logged, stored or passed to any third party. We do not store connection timestamps, session information, used bandwidth, traffic logs, IP addresses or other data. However, to limit the number of simultaneous sessions of an active user, an algorithm keeps their username and the timestamp of the last session status while the session is active.
- 5.2. VPNCity does not condone or endorse any unlawful, illicit, criminal or fraudulent activities perpetrated by using the VPNCity Services. VPNCity reserves the right to suspend or terminate an account in case any violation of the Terms of Service becomes apparent. As VPNCity protects and respects customer privacy, it does not log or track their activity in any way. However, in the eventuality that VPNCity would find out about an offense outside of those means, it would have the right to suspend or terminate the account.
- 6.2. We do not log or store any records on user activity using VPNCity Services: however, you are required to create a user account in order to use VPNCity Services, primarily our VPN services. If you choose to create a user account, you must provide some basic information, specifically: valid email address – to send the VPNCity communication, to retrieve a lost password and to make a VPN connection; payment information – we process basic billing information through our payment processing partners for payment processing and refund requests. You must maintain and update this information current, truthful, complete and accurate. You warrant that you are authorised to provide such information. You authorise us to verify your information at any time. If it is found to be untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we retain the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your user account and your access to the VPNCity Services.
- 6.3. VPNCity stores limited personal data for the whole period when the VPNCity Services are used and for no longer than 2 years after last use of the App and/or the Services.
- 6.4. You consent to receive communications from us electronically, e.g. by email, application messages, etc. We will communicate with you through the email that you provide. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You agree that we may communicate to you for the purpose of advising you of changes or additions to the VPNCity Services, about any of our products or services, or for such other purposes that are reasonable or required by applicable law.
Passwords and Account Access
- 7.1. The member who created the VPNCity account and whose Payment Method is charged (the "Account Owner") is responsible for any activity that occurs through the VPNCity account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the VPNCity ready devices that are used to access the service and not reveal the password or details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are solely and exclusively responsible for the use of the VPNCity Services. VPNCity will not be liable in any way or form for actions done by its users including criminal liability and civil liability for harm executed or not executed. VPNCity liability is further limited by other provisions of these Terms. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account, username or password, as the case may be.
- 7.2. We grant you permission to use the VPNCity Services subject to the restrictions set forth in these Terms. Your use of the VPNCity Services is at your own risk. The VPNCity Services may be modified, updated, interrupted or suspended at any time without notice or liability. We do not bear any liability for any harm or other adverse consequences to you, caused by this. VPNCity, its owners, employees, agents and others that are involved with the VPNCity services are not in any way or form liable for any harm of any kind executed or not executed, resulting from or arising through or from the use of any account registered with VPNCity services.
- 8.1. The VPNCity Services are not geographically limited; however, we make no representations or warranties that the VPNCity Services are appropriate for use or access in your location and jurisdiction.
- 8.2. You access and use the VPNCity Services in your country on your own initiative and you solely are responsible for complying with your local laws and regulations, if and to the extent such laws are applicable. We reserve the right to limit, in our sole discretion, the availability of the VPNCity Services or any portion thereof, to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time.
Intellectual Property Rights
- 9.1. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, license to: (1) download and use a copy of the VPNCity software; and (2) use the VPNCity Services, including, without limitation, the products and services made available on or through the VPNCity software or our website.
- 9.2. No other right or license of any kind is granted to you hereunder with respect to the VPNCity Services. The license provided herein is effective until terminated. This license automatically terminates if you fail to comply with these Terms.
- 9.3. The VPNCity Services, including, but not limited to, the VPNCity software, mobile application and all other items, are owned and copyrighted by VPNCity, and are protected worldwide. We retain all right, title and interest in and to the VPNCity Services and any portion thereof, including, without limitation, all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights. You shall not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere in any manner with our ownership of and rights with respect to the VPNCity Services. All rights are reserved unless otherwise noted.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- 10.1. Reasonable efforts are taken to improve the accuracy and integrity of the VPNCity Services, but we are not responsible for downtime, loss of data, corrupt data, service delay, mistakes, out-of-date information, or other errors. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, we reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to the VPNCity Services, or any functionality comprising a part of the VPNCity Services at any time without notice. In no event will we be liable for making these changes. As a registered user in good standing, you may be provided with limited service by VPNCity. We do not warrant, and will not have any liability or responsibility for your use of VPNCity Services or other the products or services we provide. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to the VPNCity Services, for any reason and without notice or liability. Our website, products and services may be unavailable from time to time due to human, digital, mechanical, telecommunication, software, and other failures. We cannot predict or control when such downtime may occur and cannot control the duration of such downtime.
- 10.2. THE VPNCITY SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, OUR SOFTWARE, MOBILE APPLICATIONS, SERVICES AND WEBSITE) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, SUITABILITY, FUNCTIONALITY, AVAILABILITY, OR OPERATION OF THE VPNCity SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR USE OF THE VPNCity SERVICES, AND WE DO NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE VPNCity SERVICES. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE VPNCity SERVICES AND FOR ANY LOSS OF OR ERRORS IN ANY DATA OR INFORMATION. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR REPRESENT THAT YOUR USE OF THE VPNCity SERVICES WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, NOR THAT THE VPNCity SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR ACCESS OR USE, NOR THAT OPERATION OF THE VPNCity SERVICES WILL BE ERROR FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN ADDITION, YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM ONE JURISDICTION TO ANOTHER JURISDICTION.
- 10.3. We shall not be responsible or have any liability for any delay or failure to perform to the extent due to unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, failures of your telecommunication or internet service providers, Force Majeure, earthquakes, fires, floods, embargoes, labor disputes and strikes, riots, war, novelty of product manufacture or other unanticipated product development problems, and acts of civil and military authorities.
Limitation of Liability
- 11.1. There are inherent risks in relying upon, using, transmitting or retrieving any data and/or content on the Internet, and we urge you to make sure you understand these risks before using the VPNCity Services.
- 11.2. YOUR USE OF THE VPNCITY SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER VPNCITY NOR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION OF ANY KIND, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, COST OF COVER OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE VPNCity SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE THE LIABILITY OF VPNCITY SHALL NOT EXCEED WHAT THE CLIENT PAID TO VPNCITY, AND SHALL NOT INCLUDE ATTORNEY FEES OR COURT COSTS IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY LAWS OR STATUTES THAT MAY PRESCRIBE OTHERWISE.
- 11.3. VPNCity provides an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” service in relation to its website and VPN platform. Our company does not guarantee that our VPN platform will be error-free or our applications will be error-free under any and all circumstances. Your usage of our VPN services is based on your sole discretion; VPNCity cannot guarantee uptime, speed, or a specific quality of service due to the nature of VPN networks and routing. User experience can be different depending on which locations are being connected to, which device or network they’re connecting from, and other external factors. For this reason, VPNCity will not provide a service level guarantee to its customers; however, VPNCity will put its best efforts forward to provide the highest level of service at any given time.
You agree, at your own expense, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless VPNCity, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and licensees, from and against any judgments, losses, deficiencies, damages, liabilities, costs, claims, demands, suits, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, expert witness fees and expenses) incurred in, arising out of or in any way related to your breach of these Terms, your use of the VPNCity Services, or any of your other acts or omissions.
- 13.1. We reserve the right to modify and update these Terms at Our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without liability, as indicated below. The amendment of Terms may be communicated to you by sending an email and/or by publishing the updated Terms on the VPNCity website.
- 13.2. We also reserve the right to modify, update, or suspend the operation of the VPNCity Services at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
- 13.3. All users of VPNCity Services are obliged to ensure that they are familiar with the most current wording of the Terms. The change of the Terms may be communicated to you by publishing the updated Terms on VPNCity website, where the date of the most current wording of the Terms is indicated at the top of the web page. Since you agree to be bound by these Terms each time you use the VPNCity services, please consider reviewing the Terms each time you use the VPNCity services. Each update of the Terms comes into force as of the moment when it is published on this web page. You understand and agree that any continued use and access to the VPNCity Services after any updates to these Terms are published, means that you voluntarily agree to be bound by the updated Terms.
- 13.4. The Terms constitute an agreement between you and us regarding the use of the VPNCity Services. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
- 13.5. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party.
- 13.6. VPNCity is a company registered in the British Virgin Islands and as such our Terms of Service are governed by the laws of the British Virgin Islands. Through using VPNCity services or utilising the VPNCity website, you agree to our Terms of Service and an exclusive jurisdiction of the British Virgin Islands for any and all relative disputes.
By agreeing to our Terms of Service, you also agree that any claims you may bring forth against VPNCity for any reason, must be decided through arbitration rather than alternative methods. In the case of arbitration, the arbitrator must be a professional with a strong background in relation to networking, computer systems, and virtual private networks.
Any arbitration case started against VPNCity will end with an award to one of the involved parties. In the case that VPNCity is not the complainant, this reward will never exceed the total amount paid by you to VPNCity for the use of its products or services. As part of this arbitration clause, VPNCity includes any and all employees, contractors, officers, directors, and any legal entity tied to VPNCity.
If you have questions or concerns regarding these Terms please contact us at email@example.com.